Pennsylvania Medical Group Management Association (hereinafter referred to as “Association”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individual users (hereinafter referred to “User”) that interact with the Association or other Users through the use of the Association’s website. This Privacy Statement discloses the use and practices for information collected by the Association in the course of interactions by Users on the Association’s website and constitutes an agreement between the Association and Users regarding said use of and access to the website.
1. Privacy of Personal Information - The Association acknowledges the User’s right of privacy for personal information defined as the User’s name, address, telephone numbers or any other unique information that could identify the individual User (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”). In addition, it may be necessary from time to time for the User to use credit card information to purchase goods or services from the Association. Any and all financial information collected for such purposes shall also be considered Personal Information.
2. Confidentiality of Personal Information - Association will not use or disclose Personal Information except as specifically required by applicable law, regulation, subpoena or court order; or as expressly permitted by User to allow the Association to provide goods or services to the User; or as expressly permitted by the User to participate in Association activities including, but not limited to, on-line list-serve and an on-line directory of the Association’s membership; or for the purpose of providing information regarding products and services that may be of interest to the Users.
3. Representations and Warranties – The User represents and warrants that all information provided to the Association is true, accurate, complete and current as of the date the User provides such Personal Information and that the information provided relates to the User and not to another person unless expressly authorized by such other person to disclose said Personal Information to the Association and User shall promptly correct or amend all false, incomplete or outdated Personal Information that refers or relates to User. User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Association, its employees, directors, affiliates and subsidiaries and clients against any and all claims associated with any breach by User of these representations and warranties or any other term of this Privacy Statement.
4. Use of Personal Information -
- By Association. The Association continually seeks to improve the information, articles, events and content available to their members or otherwise available on the Website. As part of this process, the Association collects Personal Information from the Users. The Association uses Personal Information (other than Financial Information) that the User provides to the Association to improve marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Website usage, to improve product and service offerings and to improve and to customize Website content and layout. In addition, the Association may use the User’s email address, mailing address or phone number to contact the User regarding information that the User actively requested from or provided to the Association. The Association may further be required to disclose Personal Information by court or administrative order such as law, regulation, search warrant or subpoena.
Aggregate Data. At times, the Association may remove identifiable features from collected Personal Information and use the resulting information for statistical, historic or other purposes, consistent with applicable law (the “Aggregate Data”). The Association may also provide third parties with Aggregate Data. For example, the Association might inform third parties of Aggregate Data regarding the number of unique page requests and the types of the activities users conducts while on the Association’s website. Aggregate Data will contain nothing that can allow third parties to individually identify the User.
MGMA-Based Informational and Marketing Materials: Opt In. When the User provides Personal Information to the Association, the User will be asked if the Association may use Personal Information (other than Financial Information) about the User to deliver information to the User that, in some cases, is targeted to the User’s interests, such as an electronic newsletter or targeted educational seminar advertisements or promotions. The User may opt in to receive these communications by providing the User contact information on the membership application form, and the User may always change their User profile information to either opt out or opt in at a later time.
Third Party-Based Marketing Materials: Opt In. The Association has relationships with third parties that provide products or services that the Association believes may be of interest to the Users. In some cases the Association has joint marketing arrangements with these third parties, whereby the Association may share contact information (User names and either email addresses or regular mail addresses) with them so that they may contact the Users to offer their products or services. In all of these cases, while the Association does not necessarily endorse use of these products and services, the Association has at least evaluated the product or service and, most typically, many of the Users have indicated that these products or services are beneficial. The User may opt in to receive theses communications by checking the opt in box on the membership application form, and the User may always change their profile information to either opt out or opt in at a later time. The Association provides no Personal Information of any type to any third party without the User’s consent, which may be obtained by checking the opt in box on the membership application form found on the Website.
THE ASSOCIATION WILL NOT KNOWINGLY DISCLOSE CONTACT INFORMATION REFERRING OR RELATING TO THE USER TO A THIRD PARTY FOR THE PURPOSE OF THAT THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATION WITH THE USER TO SOLICIT SALES OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES UNLESS THE USER HAS OPTED IN AND SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED THE ASSOCIATION TO DO SO. FURTHER, THE ASSOCIATION WILL NOT KNOWINGLY DISCLOSE FINANCIAL INFORMATION REFERRING OR RELATING TO THE USER TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN: (i) AS NECESSARY TO EFFECT, ADMINISTER OR ENFORCE A TRANSACTION REQUESTED OR AUTHORIZED BY THE USER; OR (ii) IN CONNECTION WITH PROCESSING A PRODUCT OR SERVICE REQUEST SUBMITTED OR AUTHORIZED BY THE USER; OR (iii) OTHERWISE AS SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED OR REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGULATION, SUBPOENA OR COURT ORDER.
- By User. The Association welcomes everyone to search and use the Website for free to locate information or products and services available to purchase. Additionally, the Association gives the User the opportunity to identify areas of interest for personalization of the Website. The information that the User provides the Association and its business partners (if the User opts in as described above) to provide the User more focused information relative to products or services that the Association believe are of interest to the Users.
5. Cookies – The Association also collects information in the form of cookies. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to the User’s hard drive when the User visits the website. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that identifies the Users computer to the website. Cookies can only identify the User as a unique, but anonymous, use of the website unless the User chooses to submit Personal Information about them through the Website. Combined with Website usage log in, the Association may track user Website use patterns, such as whether the User clicks on various links throughout the Website. However, a cookie can’t read data off the User’s hard disc, and the Association cannot read cookie files created by other sites, nor can other sites read information from cookies created by the Association. Further, the Association does not store any Personal Information in a cookie. The information the Association gathers through use of the cookies is also compiled to create Aggregate Data.
6. Extent of Obligation – This Privacy Statement is intended only to obligate the Association to protect Personal Information to the extent required by applicable law. Therefore, while the Association shall endeavor to contractually require others who acquire or provide Personal Information from or to the Association, such as the Association’s employees and contractors, to comply with the principles and objectives of this Privacy Statement, the User agrees that the Association shall not be held liable for: (i) any improper use or disclosure of Personal Information by any person or entity not under the Associations direction or control; or (ii) breach of any duty or obligation set forth in this Privacy Statement which is greater than that required by applicable law.
7. Change of Policy – The Association may change the Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to the Website. However, the Association shall not apply any such changes retroactively to Personal Information previously collected. The User of the Website constitutes acceptance of the provisions of this Privacy Statement and the Users continued usage after such changes are posted constitutes acceptance of each revised Privacy Statement. If the User does not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement or any revised policy, the User must exit the Website immediately.
9. Assignment – The Association may assign or transfer this Agreement, Personal Information and the Association’s obligations hereunder at any time and without prior consent to any corporate successor in interest, acquirer or other entity that purchase or otherwise obtains substantially all of the Association’s business assets or stock, or to any parent corporation or entity, any subsidiary corporation or entity, or any of the Association’s divisions that are operated as a separate business.
10. Updating the User’s Personal Information and Contacting the Association
– The Association will allow the User reasonable electronic access to all collected Personal Information that refers or relates to the User to allow the User to supplement such Personal Information, to correct all Personal Information that is false, incomplete or outdated, and otherwise for such purposes as permitted or required by applicable law. The User can always contact the Association in order to: (i) update the Personal Information that refers or relates to the User; or (ii) direct the Associations to render inactive on the Associations systems User name, password and all Personal Information that refers or relates to the User. The Association may be reached by emailing the Association at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by returning to the Website and submitting a Membership Change of Information Form. Questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to the Executive Director at 410-527.0780 or by emailing the Association at email@example.com