Post Your Job Opportunity Here!
Notices can be published on this page for free by Pennsylvania MGMA members. There is a nominal fee for nonmembers inclusive of recruiters and staffing agencies. For Pennsylvania MGMA Members: E-mail the placement notice in MS Word or similar format to our Executive Director. Please be sure to include all necessary information. For Non-Members: Download and complete the Order Form in our Corporate Sponsorship Catalog and return it with payment. The placement notice can be sent via e-mail. However, the notice will not be posted until payment is received and processed.
February 7, 2014
Revenue Cycle (Billing) Supervisor - Harrisburg, PA
Applicants only. No agencies, please.
Full time supervisor of internal billing department responsible for billing and collections of multiple providers working in outpatient and inpatient settings, along with surgery center billing. Guaranteed base salary with bonus potential. This opportunity comes with a great working environment and excellent opportunities. Five years recent billing experience along with subordinate oversight required. If you do not have this experience, please do not apply for this position.
You will be working with physicians and advanced practice clinicians in multiple inpatient and outpatient locations with a surgery center.
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Develops and implements mechanisms and controls to ensure appropriate billing and payment cycles, and accurate and timely billing, in accordance with established internal and third party payor requirements
- Establishes and implements appropriate billing procedures, and procedures for follow-up on third-party approvals and collection of overdue patient accounts
- Maintains appropriate internal controls over accounts receivables/cash receipts, and monitors charge posting, billing, and collection operations for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures, and standards
- Establishes fees for technical and/or professional services, as appropriate, in accordance with prescribed guidelines and parameters
- Reviews medical records and resolves problems concerning the recording or provision of services rendered which impact on ability to collect charges and/or the willingness of patients to pay as required
- Confers with patients or patient representatives regarding delinquent accounts, and determines appropriate action, to include assignment to collection agencies, special adjustments, and/or writeoffs
- Prepares and maintains required records, files, and reports on billing and collection activities
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies
- Communications with management and providers to effectuate proper billing and reimbursement
- Initiate, oversee and attend team conferences
- Other duties as mentored and communicated
- Five years recent revenue cycle management supervision experience
- Certified Coder (CPC, CCS-P) a plus
- Must be knowledgeable in practice management reporting and interpretation and use of reports
- Must be effective and outgoing and possess excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- Guaranteed salary dependent upon experience
- Health, Life & Disability insurance based on current benefit package
- Graduated Paid Time Off
- CE/Expense allowance
- Additional bonus compensation package based on department improvements
- Safe Harbor 401k retirement plan
Applicants only. No agencies, please.
Please submit your curriculum vitae to:
Attn: David J. Zetter at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax to (717) 691-6855
January 22, 2014
Confidential -Women's Health Care - Greater Philadelphia Area
Please go to http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/10783557?trk=job_nov to apply.
Growing multi-site private specialty medical practice in women’s health, is seeking an experienced medical practice Business Manager. Position is a key member of management team and responsibilities include oversight of billing, accounting, HR and payroll activities.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience and demonstrated skills in medical practice leadership, personnel management, billing activities and payroll functions
- Proven ability using variety of computer programs, including Office products and medical software programs
- Ability to explain and teach policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely in written and verbal formats
- Aptitude to work independently and demonstrate good judgment
Desired Skills and Experience
Primary business manager duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide effective leadership and direction to finance and accounting teamsProvide strategic planning and oversight for the business operations of the practice and affiliated entities
- Participate at executive level leadership of organization reporting to COO and physician shareholders
- Fiscal operation oversight and monitoring resource to all staff members for financial and business related matters
- Instrumental in determining appropriate finance staffing levels
- Ensure proper and timely billing of all services
- Ensure all A/R (3rd party and patient) properly managed
- Create and maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Oversight of A/P operations
- Develops and implement protocols, procedures and processes as needed for internal controls throughout financial and business continuum of practice
- Overseas as well as active involvement in 3rd party contracting (insurers, leasing, professional liability, etc.)
- Work in coordination with Physician Shareholders, COO, Director of Clinical Services, Director of Operations, Coding Supervisor and Bookkeeper to identify issues, formulate solutions and handle new developments
Primary Human Resources and Payroll duties:
- Provide guidance throughout organization on human resource issues
- Payroll function and processes, including ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Staffing, including recruitment ads, screen resumes, contacting and interviewing candidates, hiring and termination
- Initial point of contact for employees regarding employment related issues
- Provide reports to the shareholders on human resources and payroll activities
Group Practice Manager/Operations Manager
Geisinger Health System, Central Pennsylvania
Due to rapid growth, Geisinger Health System an opportunity for a Group Practice Manager in the Community Practice Service Line. This position is located in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Partnering with a Medical Director, the Group Practice Manager/Operations Manager:
- Provides leadership to primary care and/or specialty care physician group practices, focusing on oversight/operational efficiency, financial performance, and delivering quality care to our patients.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, hospital service line leadership, medical home representatives, specialty service lines, strategy and development, and population health in order to grow and expand Geisinger’s presence in the market.
- Co-leads the management of facilities, operating systems, information systems, ancillary services, and support staff at multiple outpatient locations.
- Supports and manages facility planning, development and design of new physician practice sites and facilitates new acquisitions in the region.
- Develops business plans, budgets, market analyses, and other operational plans. Oversees the development and implementation of all strategic and tactical operational plans.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or five years in physician practice management, Master's degree preferred; and a minimum of five (5) years supervisory and/or management experience in a healthcare setting, including some physician relations experience. Group practice experience highly preferred. Practice acquisition and new facility development a plus.
Geisinger Health System serves more than 2.6 million residents in 42 counties as a not-for-profit, fully integrated health services organization that is dedicated to excellence in care, education, research, and service. The physician-led system includes a multidisciplinary physician group practice with system-wide aligned goals, successful clinical programs, a sophisticated information technology platform, a robust research program, and an insurance provider (GHP). Geisinger Health System was recently named to the Becker’s Hospital Review “100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” list for 2011.
Geisinger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://tinyurl.com/kcqmgss
December 19, 2013
Practice Manager - Mount Nittany Health Mifflin County
Mount Nittany Physician Group, a group of more than 60 physicians providing primary and specialty care and part of Mount Nittany Health has an exciting opportunity for a Practice Manager at its new facility in the Lewistown, PA area. The new facility, located in Reedsville, PA, expands access to care with the Physician Group’s new family medicine practice, as well as Mount Nittany Physician Group Urology, Cardiology and General Surgery.
The Practice Manager will be responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the staff and operations at the facility in order to provide quality and cost effective patient care. Other responsibilities will include performing a variety of operational duties in areas such as operations management, physician and patient management, budgeting and revenue cycle management, human resources and compliance.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration or equivalent as well as a minimum of three years experience in physician practice management or healthcare environment with at least one year of supervisory experience. Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) and Certified Medical Manager (CMM) certifications preferred. Other requirements include excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of principles and practices of healthcare and clinical management, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team. A working knowledge of electronic health records, electronic eligibility and scheduling, CPT & ICD9/ICD10 coding, HIPAA, PQRS, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and quality control procedures preferred.
Practice Director - Cardiology
Passion. It’s what drives everyone at Lehigh Valley Health Network to create one of America’s best hospitals and one of the nation’s top places to work. It’s been the heart of our story for more than 100 years. Our employees have a passion to continually go the extra mile to create a healthier community. Lehigh Valley Health Network is consistently recognized among America's best health networks and has been recognized three times as a Magnet hospital for national nursing excellence. Our people make Lehigh Valley Health Network a great place to work.
The Practice Director provides daily administrative support to assigned practice(s). This position will work collaboratively with Practice Leader, Practice Manager and/or Clinical Coordinator to foster service excellence. Effective December 9, 2013 LVHN will begin testing all newly hired employees for nicotine and nicotine metabolites at the time of the pre-placement physical assessment to verify their response to the nicotine use question in the pre-placement medical form. The use of nicotine is not an automatic disqualifier of employment with LVHN. Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in business or clinical discipline is required. Progressive management experience in medical setting required. Experience in billing insurance companies, HMOs Medicare, Medical Assistance, and any other third party insurers. Influenza vaccination will be required for all personnel working within LVHN, who have patient contact, unless medically contraindicated or due to a bonafide religious belief or practice. Preferred Qualifications:
Masters Degree in a related field is desired. Computer literate, experience in database management, spreadsheets, and word processing preferred.
LVHN is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with our mission to improve the health of our community, and in response to increasing evidence of health and safety risks associated with tobacco use and exposure to second-hand smoke, smoking and all tobacco use is prohibited in all hospitals buildings owned, leased or rented by LVHN. Qualified individuals can apply at http://www.lvhn.org/careers/search_for_jobs
and search for requisition# 41468.
December 18, 2013
Mount Nittany Physician Group, a group of more than 60 physicians providing primary and specialty care and part of Mount Nittany Health has an exciting opportunity for a Physician Recruiter in State College, PA.
The Physician Recruiter will be responsible for managing the recruitment and on-boarding process for assigned searches across an array of specialty practices and will be responsible for securing and managing locum tenens coverage as needed. Other responsibilities will include forming partnerships with physician practices and departments to understand the nature of the business, strategic goals and practice opportunities, serving as a resource to physician practices and departments to understand the short-term and long-term recruitment initiatives as well as sourcing candidates for internally managed searches, developing practice profiles and recruitment plans in conjunction with the Director of Physician Recruitment.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, healthcare administration, business, human resources, or related field; as well as a minimum of 3-5 years recruitment experience. Other requirements include excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, detail oriented, and the ability to work with minimum supervision. Previous experience with creative sourcing strategies a plus.
Valid driver’s license and reliable, job appropriate means of transportation are required. Schedule will include evening and weekend hours for making prospect calls and touring candidates. Some overnight travel also required for trade shows and conferences.
December 6, 2013
Zetter HealthCare is seeking an experienced Practice Manager for a multi-location dermatology practice with locations in Berks, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties. The Practice Manager will have a minimum of five years’ experience in working in a private physician medical practice, with a proven track record and references to support the ability to be self-motivated, an excellent communicator with staff and providers, ability to achieve excellent patient service and care, complete knowledge of the revenue cycle process, be able to provide vision and guidance to staff and the practice. A detailed job description will be presented to qualified candidates. References will be required. A competitive salary and benefits awaits the qualified candidate. Those candidates may submit their resume to Zetter HealthCare via fax at 717.691.6855 or email at email@example.com
December 4, 2013
Physician Practice Managers
Health Care Enterprises (HCE), the physician practice management division of Anne Arundel Medical Center, is expanding and has the following opportunities available:
- Cardiology – Annapolis, MD
- Primary Care – Easton, MD
- Women’s Health & Fetal and Maternal Medicine – Annapolis, MD
HCE is heavily involved in Patient Centered Medical Home, implementation and optimization of the Epic EMR, NCQA certification, the Athena practice management system, and numerous performance improvement initiatives.
The Practice Manager will be experienced in working with physicians; analytical and adept at quantitative analysis; able to provide excellent direction and support for practice staff; be able to work independently but also collaboratively with colleagues; handle multiple priorities and projects; and most importantly achieve excellent patient service and care.
To qualify, you must possess a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health administration, finance, or a related field; and 3+ years of experience in a private physician office management role. OR you must possess 5+ years of experience in a private physician office management role.
We offer outstanding compensation and flexible benefits. For more information and to apply, please visit www.aamccareers.org EOE, M/F/D/V.
October 7, 2013
This position will oversee the daily operations of a busy urologic ASC. The manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the clinical operations of the center. The manager is responsible for the care of the patient, meeting regulatory standards, and management of the staff. The position reports to the Office Administrator and will coordinate activities of the Center with the Medical Director.
- Ensure pre-procedural, procedure and post-op services are in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of pre-procedural, procedure room and recovery equipment and supplies
- Responsible for clinical personnel management, which includes recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of clinical employees
- Responsible for the daily staffing and operations processes
- Ensures adherence to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and infection control and safety programs
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of current regulatory legislation as it impacts the Surgery center and institutes changes as warranted
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained on all patients.
- Ensures the Center follows all JACHO ASC policies and standards of care. Responsible to maintain and update all policies and procedure for the Center
- A member of the ASC quality, safety and infectious control committee.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Office Manager/Medical Director
- May have to assist with direct patient care
- BSN Degree
- Current PA registered nurse license or eligible for PA license
- Must be current in BCLS
- Computer Literacy
- Familiarity with electronic medical records
- 2 Years Supervisory Experience. Supervisory experience in a free standing ASC a plus.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 7, 2013
Four doctor practice, currently converting to EHR, with staff of seven. Limited office hours with strong hospital presence. Email: Debra.Lynn.Marra@gmail.com